Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jesus has a Rocking Chair...

Tonight Wil and I attended the "viewing" of a baby boy that was killed Saturday in a skidloader accident. Saturday we got a call that the father was outside the house working on a skidloader and accidently ran over his 15 month old little boy.
What grief was in that house tonight. As we walked in the house I wasn't sure who the parents were, but when my eyes locked with the mother, I knew instantly who she was. I just wanted to take her in my arms and take her pain away. I wanted to bring my TV/DVD player over and put in my Gaither music so she could sing "through" her problems. What I've been through it NOTHING compared to what she is going through.
Wishing I had Linda Randall there to sing, "If He carried the weight of the world up on His shoulders, I know my sister that He will carry you!" I just prayed God would give them peace.
Tonight while I was getting ready to go, the song "Jesus Rocking Chair" came to my mind. I sang it and just prayed for this family that I was about to meet. Here are the lyrics below.
Many hopeful moms and dads try to have a child of their own, so never get the chance others do and see them grown. There are those who are expecting that precious baby soon, but its gone before it ever leaves the safety of its mama's womb.

Jesus has a rocking chair, and He holds that precious baby with oh such tender care, He takes the place of mom and dad He's the greatest parent a child could have, don't worry about the children there, Jesus has a rocking chair.
There are those who have a boy or girl, a precious gift from God, but sickness or some tragedy takes them from their parents arms, Mama's wish for days gone by, Daddy's long for their lost child, but children are not lost when you know where they are.

She was 18 and unmarried, expecting her little one, but in her time of confusion she took the life of her son, since then Jesus forgave her and He took all her shame away, but still her cries missing her baby, but she hears the angels say,

Jesus has a rocking chair, and He holds that precious baby with oh such tender care, He takes the place of mom and dad He's the greatest parent a child could have, don't worry about the children there, Jesus has a rocking chair.

Jesus, be with this family that has lost this little baby boy. Be their comfort and guide. Protect their minds. Be with them tomorrow and each day after. Thank you for your grace that gets us through each day.

Until then, my heart will go on singing, until then with joy I'll carry on, until that day my eyes behold the city, until the day God calls me home.

No comments: