Thursday, June 10, 2010

There's no place like home!

(my whole family this past Christmas at my childhood home!)
Greetings from my CHILDHOOD home!


My father and husband went fishing this week up north. I felt NO reason for Easton and I to live by ourselves for 4 days so, we packed our bags, carseat, wipes, computer, bumbo seat, stroller, scrapbooking supplies, and favorite blanket and headed back to my childhood home.

AHHHHH. Home. There is NOTHING quite like it.

This home is special. God gave my parents this home. Yes, G-A-V-E. Years ago, my parents moved to Iowa and LIVED in a DUMP. Great memories were made, but a dump it was. My parents were/are pastors' of a small church and money was tight. We rented two other houses besides the dump, before we got a phone call.

See, a man who had lived in our town years before, called my father and told him he NEVER told my father this, but, he had made a deal with God and was FINALLY able to make it reality.
This man was married and had a wonderful family. The only thing was--their marriage was in trouble. At that point, God led my parents into their path. My parents led them to Jesus, and they started coming to our church. They worked on their marriage and their lives were changed forever. Their marriage was saved, and they found a church home and great friends along the way. A few years later, they had a job transfer and moved to another state. Such a blow to ALL of us, we were such great friends!

When they still lived here, the man told God, if God would bless his business, and he could afford it, he would buy my parents a HOUSE. BECAUSE, they brought him to Jesus and cared enough to help his family when they were at their worst.

They moved to another state when I was about 4 and we got a phone call when I was about 11. He called my dad. Told him to start looking for a house. He made a deal with God and HAD to keep it. Because of that MOVE to another state, God blessed him and his business and he could FINALLY buy my parents a nice house.
We found the PERFECT house.

We moved in and have ALWAY been thankful for this house. Always. It's PERFECT for our family. And now perfect for my parents!

God was SO faithful.

He still is, even after all these years!

So, my friends, whatever you are going through, BE sure to remember this TRUE story. God works in His OWN time and in His way. If it's a HOUSE, JOB, MONEY---WHATEVER---He will make a way!

Just remember the little house on Washington St.
He provides.

2 comments:

Truly His said...

AHHHH!! Rachel, have you listened to the song, "the house that built me?"

LOVE IT! youtube it! It's country!;)

garner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.