Saturday, August 2, 2014

Brave is Beautiful!


The word BRAVE is used often in our house. I have 3 sons. We constantly are Super Heros saving the world. 

But, sometimes. When real life happens, my boys will tell me they are not brave. 

Instead, they are scared.

When they bring their fears up, I tell them what most Mama's tell their children. 

You are brave when you face your fears. 

This past week, I have watched BRAVE unfold all around me.

Little moments:
Knightley letting go of my fingers to stand by himself for the 1st time.

Lincoln jumping into the water.

Easton trying green beans.

BRAVE. 

I confess. I don't think of myself as brave. I like comfortable. 
Easy. 
Smooth.

But, lately, I have seen BRAVE take flight. 

My sister and her husband have announced on Wednesday night that they are in the works of adopting. 

After 3 years of trying to have a baby naturally, they found out they struggle with infertility.

For a while they hid it between themselves. Only sharing part of their story with close friends. 
And, over time had to face some hard talks. 
And next steps.

6 years ago, I lost a baby. And, it took me months to get pregnant again. I remember the heartache. The questions. 

And being BRAVE.

See, being brave isn't what my boys think brave is. 
It's not "NO FEAR EVER. ALWAYS LOOK TOGETHER. NEVER WAVERING."

Brave is:

Learning to be real with others and tell them your fears.

It's facing cancer head-on.

It's walking a valley you don't see the end of yet.

It's choosing to HOPE.

It's sharing your struggles, joys, and dreams.

It's telling YOUR story. So others hear.

It's being real, raw, and authentic. 

BRAVE: To do things in the most difficult times.

This week, when Libby and Isaac announced their plans to adopt from Thailand I watched two young people be brave. 
To share their story. 
To allow others to come along side and partner with them in this journey.

And it brought me to tears.

This story.
This baby.
This family.

Being brave together.

Brave is HEARING and KNOWING the CALL of GOD on your life and following it. 
Even when it would be so much easier to do your own plan, dream your own dreams.

This story:
The one God is writing for Ike and Lib...
Is gonna have a beautiful ending. Full of GRACE and TRUTH.

This baby:
Is HAND PICKED.
HEAVEN SENT.
And will know LOVE.

This family:
Their story will change lives.
Touch hearts.
And make people become BRAVE.

Friends, we each have a story. 
Maybe we are not adopting, but we are facing a time in our life to be BRAVE.
Take FAITH. God has a PLAN. He called you to walk YOUR PATH. He will LEAD you where YOU need to go, tell you what you need to say, and be there to pick up the pieces.  Share YOUR story. Show others your journey. 
AND BE BRAVE.

After all,
BRAVE IS BEAUTIFUL.

Follow Ike and Lib's journey at Miles to Eden
Watch their video.
Read their blog.
Support their cause.
Pray for their journey.
Share their story.

BE BRAVE.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. My sister and her husband just adopted and had a very interesting and special journey. I wrote about it at http://paigegivens.com/2014/07/22/walk-to-you-jayson-and-hannahs-story/
This is special to me since I watched my sister and her husband struggle with similar issues. I will definitely share your blog and your sister's page with our family.
Blessings!