Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday Reader

My favorite books growing up were the Christy Miller books by Robin Jones Gunn. They changed my world as only Christy can do! She taught me to read the Bible for myself. Find God's word JUST for me and hide it in my heart.


She also taught me to wait for my "Todd" and never settle for someone RIGHT now. God will show me as long as I stay close to Him.


Christy, Todd, Doug, Katie, and Tracy all became my friends. I longed to be on the beach in CA, I dreamed about going to the same high school with these friends, and couldn't WAIT to buy the next book!

Now, I'm a middle school teacher. I'm ALWAYS looking for LIFE-CHANGING books for my students. Every year, I introduce the girls to Christy. They fall RIGHT in love with her as I did. They celebrate her joys, laugh at her quirks, and cry in her sadness.

So, to all you Peculiar Treasures out there...know that "I thank God everytime I think of you...because I have YOU in my heart!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

oh my!! i LOVE these books!! I have read the first volume of the seirra jensen series, that goes off of the Christy ones! but i absolutely love them! ive been looking around for more of the books, i need to get out and go get some!

Jaime