Thursday, December 17, 2009

Names....


After months of looking up names and coming up with NEW names, and then, coming up with even NEWER names...Wil and I have COME together and decided a name for this baby boy growing inside me! I felt the need to blog how it came to being...

Before Wil and I found out we were pregnant, we had two boy names picked out that we liked. Then, when we found out we WERE pregnant, we brought in books to look for MORE names....BUT we always went back to those two names. One being Easton, and the other being Phillip. As time moved on, I realized I wanted to name our children after someone in our family, and Wil wanted to name our children "hunting" names. We both decided that we wouldn't "pick" a name until we found out if the baby was a BOY or GIRL. So the day came...when they told me it was a boy, I felt something inside of me that felt that Wil was to name this baby. So, when we got into the car, I told him that he could pick out the name. His choice. He looked at me and told me, "Let's name him Easton." And so...Easton it is.

Easton Paul Nolt...

Since then, I have fallen even MORE in love with this name. (and the baby growing inside of me!) But, I was kind of sad about the meaning of his name. FROM THE EAST or FROM THE EAST TOWN. But, in the last few weeks, God has shown me how special this name really is. God reminded me that the Wise Men were from the EAST. AND, they followed the star all the way to Baby Jesus. Just like those Wise Men, I'm to pray that my Easton, will ALWAYS follow the star...and always live for Jesus his whole life. Even if sometimes he doesn't know WHERE he is to go...just like I'm sure those Wise Men felt it was foolish some moments to be following a STAR for weeks at a time, I'm praying Easton will always follow Jesus all the days of his life. I also found it funny that where he will go to school and church is WEST of our house. AND, so, he is from the East....(kind of) in regards to the church.

I'm excited to meet this little guy. And can't wait to tell him about the Wise Men...and how they were from the East...and how they followed that star!

3 comments:

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Rae! That is so fun :) I Love the name!

Unknown said...

Oh, my Little Easton! I love how you have the wisemen following the STAR! OHHHH. My baby boy is going to be so wise! I will be one PROUD AUntie to him! :)

He can never do any wrong. HAHAHAHA! jk. ;) kinda!

I tagged you on myblog. so go check it out! Your name is mention quite a bit! ;)

Burns family said...

Rachel, I love the name! I find boy names to be so difficult to come up with, but you found a perfect one! You're going love having a baby boy, they are so sweet and cuddly.