Monday, January 4, 2010

Driving Miss Daisy

Last year (2009) was a GREAT year for our family. Beka and Zach gave birth to a BEAUTIFUL baby boy named Tristan on Sept. 5th. With all the JOY and FUN we had with Baby T...Beka forgot ONE little thing. To renew her driver's license! A VERY LONG story which you can read all about HERE with cops, and babies, and stolen cars....BUT, that is Beka's story...and today we went to get her license renewed!!

Beka's license expired in Sept. SO we were a LITTLE BIT worried she'd have to drive with the DOT. Well...I drove her to a town 15 mins. away. (Our town has a scary DOT and so...we avoid him at all costs) and the plan was for T and I to sit in the car while Beka went in to get her license.

After 2 stops at the WRONG government buildings...we finally get there...Beka had her phone and was texting me while she stood in line. The "lady on her right" told her that she'd have to take a WRITTEN TEST because her license was expired...I almost died. Phillips children named BEKA and RACHEL do NOT do well on tests. So...I grabbed my camera and started taking pictures. I KNEW it would be a day like no other!!


Tristan slept through the whole thing. He'd start to fuss and I'd drive around the block. I'm sure the cops around there scanned the plates of the WHITE MINIVAN several times due to my trips around the block...

Beka texts me about the written test...I START TO PRAY. I text my brother and tell him to pray. I call my father and tell him to pray. This is the conversation with dad..."Dad, Beka has to take the written test! BE praying!" Dad: "Oh dear God, please be with Beka and help her to not feel like a failure when she fails! Amen" I got laughing so hard and then I was SOOOO concerned she's be crying ALL.THE.WAY.HOME! As, as I'm driving T around the block over and over and over so he'd stay sleeping...waiting to hear from BEKA! AND, finally, after 30 mins...she comes out...


SHE PASSED!!! The eye exam! New Iowa law...you have ONE year past your expired date to get your license renewed! LOVE that new law!

So...we now have a new legal driver in our family! Beka...We are so proud of you!!!

2 comments:

jessica m said...

Haha! Now that's a cute story!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for helping me and Supporting me through my illegal time. God was FAITHFUL! :)